Monday, March 31, 2014

THE BOOK CORNER   


Killing Jesus
By Bill O"Reilly and Martin Dugard

As a Christian, I struggled with whether I should read this book or just stay away from it. Because of a deep interest of history in general I decided to 'give it a shot.' I was not disappointed. This work is filled with historical accounts of the geographical, political and human events that were going on at the time. You must understand that the author clearly states that this was not a 'religious book, rather an 'historical' work. I was never offended by the way Christ and his followers were portrayed. In fact, I believe this book can actually draw Christians back to the Bible as they consider aspects and statements found within. As with any study of history on must rely upon the research and intellect of the writer. It seems to me the 'homework' was done. This book must be approached with an open mind as any historical reading should be. We must be careful not to isolate ourselves from reading books such as these. My 'Heart for Christ' was in no way compromised, nor was my belief in the Bible.
Reviewed by Raymond H. Mullen

  



No comments:

Post a Comment